Starting with v10.07.100, the app now support 3 different ways to create backups:
- Full backups – Always backs up all the messages/call logs available on the phone at the time of the backup. This is the default setting. This consumes the maximum storage as each backup has all the data and has repeated data from any previous backups, in addition to new messages/call logs since the previous backup.
- Archive mode – A full backup is created initially and then subsequent backups add new messages/call logs to the backup created initially. The whole backup is then uploaded to the cloud accounts configured. This saves on storage space and keeps the number of files to a minimum. The downside is that, as the file grows, the data usage increases as the whole file is uploaded every time.
- Incremental backups – A full backup is created initially and then subsequent backups store new messages/call logs to new files. This provides the benefit of smaller subsequent backups but still results in new files created for every backup run.
The type of backup can be configured from Menu > Settings > Backup Settings > Backup Type.
Archive mode options:
- Archive filename for messages – The name of the file that the messages will be stored in. If this file does not exist then a new full backup will be created and stored in this file. If this file exists then any new messages will be added to this file.
- Archive filename for call logs – The name of the file that the call logs will be stored in. If this file does not exist then a new full backup will be created and stored in this file. If this file exists then any new calls logs will be added to this file.
- Split backups – Specifies if the file should be split occasionally so that the backups do not become too large. The splitting works by creating a new file and adding new messages/call logs to that file instead of the original file. The name of the file will be generated based on the File name date format setting. The splitting can be set to happen automatically after a number of days or every month. It can also be done manually by checking the box for “Force split on the next backup run”. The default is to not split the backups.
Incremental backup options:
Create new full backup – specifies how often a new full backup should be created so that there are not a lot of small backup files. The more backup files created, the more files will be needed during a restore. A manual full backup can be triggered by checking the box for “Force a full backup on the next backup run”